They’re Managers – Now What?
How to develop blue collar managers and supervisors.
Who should attend:
If you hire, promote or manage blue collar managers, supervisors, and working foremen, this might be for you.
Event type: Keynote, workshop or training series.*
How are you preparing your people for success?
Recognizing that moving out of labor and into management involves a change from working with tools and objects to working with people and data, ask yourself this:
- Do they know what it means to be a manager?
- Do they know the essential elements of managing?
- Did you prepare them to be successful as a manager?
If you are a manager or supervisor ask yourself this:
- Do you know what a manager is and does?
- Do you know the essential elements of managing?
- How are you preparing yourself to be successful as a manager?
Participants will learn*
- What it really means to be a manager no matter the industry.
- The title alone won’t make them a success.
- The next level of success requires the next level of discipline.
- The elements of change when people become managers.
- The essential elements of a successful manager.
- What got a person the position isn’t enough to keep the position.
- Clarifying ‘communication’ and how essential it is.
- The routines and habits of successful managers
- Understanding what “safety begins with leadership” really means, and a tool to help you achieve that.
*The number and type of elements and length depend on the type of engagement you wish to have. This is customizable for length and content.